After working for so many hours our body needs relaxing. A small nap of 10-15 min made this magic of de-stresses. Whether it is indoor or outdoor hammock is something that perfect for your body and mind relaxation. Basically, the hammock is a piece of net or fabric like cotton and polyester which can be suspended between two poles or points with the help of a strong rope or by a strong material. When you are going on a long trip and of course you can’t carry your whole bed with you, then hammock is going to help you like your sleeping bag.
It totally depends on you where you want to hang or how you want to drift the hammock. You can hang it with a tree, in between two trees with a stand and there are many other ways to hang the hammock indoors and outdoors. Everyone wants that comfort while sitting or lying in the hammock, for that they use the hammock with different qualities. And off course, it seems quite difficult But this is tricky and not that difficult.
When you purchase hammock it comes with an instruction manual that gives you a detailed idea about how to hang and where you should hang the hammock. Follow the instructions and suspend the hammock after calculating all measures. Of course, while camping and trekking it is not possible to carry protractors n other instruments for measuring such measures, for that you can simply follow The hammock hang calculator.
There are five major types of hammock you should know before buying it and are as follow –
1) Rope Hammocks –
- For the safety majors, it comes with the spreader bar which helps to keep its surface plain and flat.
- Mainly these are composed of cotton or polyester. The fabric of the rope which gives you more comfort and maximum durability.
- Mostly these hammocks are used for outdoor, backyards, gardens. These are easy to transport.
2) Quilted hammock –
- A quilted hammock is best for indoor rather than outdoor.
- It is made of two layers of fabric filled with sponge material that gives more comfort to your bed.
- Because of two layers, it gets heavy in weight, hence cannot use for camping.
3) Mayan Hammock –
- The best part of Mayan hammock is that it can hold maximum weight.
- It does not contain a spreader bar hence it occupies smaller space and can easily be transported from one place to another.
- These are specially designed therefore It can be used in any type of weather.
- These are mostly utilized by trekkers in camping.
4) Poolside Hammock –
- These can act as water repellent hammock.
- Generally used in the poolside area this gives a nice and decorative view.
- The fabric used in the poolside hammock permits the water to pass through it.
- It does not absorb the water which helps to increase the lifespan of the hammock.
5) Brazilian Hammock –
- These hammocks are similar to Mayan Hammocks.
- They are composed of many layers of fabrics which make the hammock smooth and it also helps to increase its durability.
- It contains spreader bars. Which gives you more comfort.
- You can use it for indoor and outdoor as well.
Measures to be taken while hanging the hammock –
- Maintain a 30-degree angle between ground and strap.
- Depending on the size and length of the hammock, trees are selected for suspension.
- Hooks or thin rope can damage the tree therefore it is important to use polyester straps.
- As per the spreader bar hammock’s length, the ideal distance between two trees is 13 to 16 feet.
- Amount of force you are applied when lying in the hammock.
- There are basic parameters to get an ideal hammock curve the simple hammock it’s ridgeline length should be 108 inches and for a compact hammock which is shorter in length, it’s about 96 inches.
- For the ideal measurement, you can utilize the hammock hang calculator which is made by Derek Hansen, specially designed for the suspension of the hammock.
Following are the Methods for hanging a hammock from a tree –
1) By using Tree straps –
- Tree Straps are very useful, easy to handle.
- It can be adjusted for the distance we want.
- Tree straps are not harmful to the tree.
- These are very lightweight therefore easy to carry.
- These are movable.
- If the spaces between the trees are longer than the length of the hammock, you can add extra straps to suspend your hammock.
2) By using hanging anchors –
- This is the quickest method use for hanging purposes.
- For this method, u need ring buckles, 2 ‘j-shape’ hooks, 2 s-shape hooks, 1.5 feet long chain.
- Take two rings connecting one end of the fabric and another end of the hammock.
- With the help of S- shape hook lift these rings in the upward direction.
- And finally, drift the hammock at a particular height as you wanted to hang.
- You can adjust the hammock at your convenience.
3) By using Rope –
- This is the most traditional, simplest, the easiest way to dangle the hammock.
- Take two strong ropes to tie the rope around the trunk and secured it with knots.
- There are different ways to tie the knot which you can learn in scout sessions.
- Firstly you need to learn these knots. Which is not a difficult task. Make sure that these knots are strong and it won’t come loose otherwise it may cause serious injuries to the person sitting on the hammock.
- Do not use old and dead trees for hanging purpose they may not carry your body weight.
Lastly, you can adopt any method from the above-mentioned methods for hanging the hammock. Just make sure that the method you are going to use should not harmful to trees.
Whether it is a hot summer having warm air, or it is monsoon with fresh air or the winter with a cold blast. When you are bored with your scheduled and you want to make your mind fresh and distress. When you wish to enjoy the beauty of every season, Then all you need to do is take your hammock, find the place to hang it, and enjoy the nature showering.