How To Make A Hammock Chair?
A Hammock Chair provides comfort to relax your mind and body. There are different hammock chairs for the room without space or garden, sometimes in kids or adults rooms to sit and enjoy a hammock chair, it becomes a headache to look for a place to install it. To install a hammock all you need is to have a Stud finder, pencil, 3/8’’ x 4’’ Eyebolt screw, drill and ¼’’ bit, S-hook, Hammock chair hanging kit or ropes, spring or swivel, Chain.
Steps to Install An Outdoor Hammock
- Find a place: Firstly, you need to find a spot with at least 6 feet to 8 feet of space from ground to hanging point. The most enjoyable outside spot is a strong tree branch that can take weight up to 100 kgs. Mostly oak or maple trees are great hardwood trees to use. Also, check the branches of any splitting or weak near the trunk.
- Mechanism: the Second step, throw a rope over the branch twice, distribute the weight that creates less chance of breaking the tree trunk, and gives more strength to it.
- Tie the rope: the Third step, get a thread and through the rope in a hammock hanging mechanism. Hold the rope ends in one hand and use the other one to grasp the loop. Now, tie a knot below the branch. Wrap the rope on your left behind the rope line on your right. This creates a small loop under the branch. Put the left line through the loop and pull tight. Use many knots to secure it completely. Your outdoor hammock chair is ready to use. You can sit silently and peacefully in your garden and inhale fresh air under the tree.
Mainly, there are two ways to hang your hammock chain that is pivot and swing styles. The pivot style allows you to rotate and gently drift which makes you feel that you are in the air. It is easier to hang because it requires a single anchor point. On the other hand, a swing style requires two anchor points. Let’s look at the indoor installation process
Steps To Install An Indoor Hammock Chair
- Firstly, you need to find the perfect place for your hammock chair. You have to look at your room’s design like how spacious it is. If you research, you will find that a cosy corner seems a good choice for chair installation. For indoor choose any area with at least six feet of vertical area and three feet on the right, left and behind. You should keep the area spacious from all the sides. The space behind the chair offers an area to spin and swing. Use a measuring tape to measure the distance from left and right. Also, keep this in your mind that your hammock after installation will not hit you nearby walls.
- Use a rope or chain: You can use a rope for hanging your hammock chair. Therefore, rope requires many knots to tie. Sometimes while seating, your rope might break and then it can cause injury to you. A rope of working load of at least 200-250 pounds is required because to ensure that it can hold enough weight. The best options are to use chains to hang your hammock chair with security. Chains are obviously strong enough to create sturdiness for your chair.
- Stud finder to locate and drill the ceiling: While hanging the hammock chair you need to start with the stud finder. Use the stud finder to locate the joist directly above your installation location and mark it using a pencil. Keep precautions while you do it, wear glasses for eye protection, push the drill bit through the drywall until you hit the wood wall and drill a hole into the joist. You can also find the joist using a magnet. Take the eyebolt screw, insert it and screw it tightly until the ring touches the coiling. You must use a long screwdriver that will give you an advantage in tightening it.
- Take the measurements: Once your eyehook is inserted, you need to take measurements to know how many chains or rope you will need. You should also keep in mind that your hammock chair sits no lower than 20’’ from the ground. Get the rope or chain, attach it to your spring link and hook onto the eye hook.
- Testing the Chair: The most important step is to check for safety. Now, put some weight on the hammock. Do not jump directly on it, it can break and you may cause harm to yourself. Give quick tugs on chain rope to check its strength. After, all your hard work in installation the hammock chair. Now, it is time to enjoy. Maybe all your family members will fight over who gets the chance to sit on it.
Hammock chair will become a relaxation corner in your home where you can sit with your coffee and enjoy your time. Follow this process to get a hammock chair easily done for you. This Hammock Chair will give you your ME time and let you change your sad mood into a happy mood. It can be placed for an afternoon nap or starting your day with relaxing your peaceful mind. Now, it is up to you that how you are using the chair indoor as well as outdoor to make best out of it.